In and Around La Paz
The seaside city of La Paz is the perfect blend of tourism and local culture. Unlike Cabo San Lucas, Xtapa or Cancun, La Paz is NOT just a string of luxury resorts clustered along white sand beaches catering to tourists. In La Paz (population around 250,000) you’ll find Mexican families, Latin lovers, trend setting teens and tourists alike enjoying a stroll along the waterfront boardwalk known as the Malecon. This tiled boardwalk sports a variety of sculptures stretching 2 miles from east to west along the Sea of Cortez.
Our hotel Posada LunaSol and the Mar Y Aventuras office is conveniently located behind the Marina La Paz only two blocks from the west end of this picturesque sea side walk where you’ll find the perfect blend of culture, art, music, food, drink, fun and beauty. On your visit with us don’t miss a stroll, run or bicycle ride under the palm tree lined Malecon.
Here are just a few of the highlights not to miss while “cruising” the Malecon:
- Watching the kids play on the see-saw while enjoying home made ice cream from La Fuente behind the polka dotted tree
- Drinking classic Margaritas served in fish bowl sized glasses at La Paz’s oldest restaurant La Terraza at Hotel Perla
- Trying a traditional Mexican meal under the fig trees of El Callejon while listening to live music
- Eating fresh seafood at the Bismarkcito
- Gazing up at the spectacular and colorful marine life mural by Wyatt
- Shopping for locally made arts and crafts from vendors as they display their wares along the boardwalk
- Taking in the view from the terrace bar of the 7 Crown Hotel at sunset where you can view the entire La Paz shore front, El Mogote Peninsula and Espiritu Santo Island in the distance
Whether you’re in La Paz for a day or week there is plenty to see and do in and around this safe, friendly, scenic, bay side city on the edge of the Sea of Cortez.