- – Air travel to Mexico from the US, Canada and Europe is currently available and permitted. For the most current information go here:
Many airlines have been adding flights to Mexico in recent weeks with more planned. If you are game, they are ready and willing to have you on board!
- – Covid tests are currently required upon re-entry to the US and Canada. There are lots of testing options in the area and we will advise you based on your departure date and location. Tests are required even if you have been vaccinated.
- – We have been certified by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) for opening our hotel and operating tours at reduced capacity. Our hotel and tour staff have been trained and we have complied with all the most current health and hygiene protocols and enhanced sanitation procedures along with measures to maintain as much physical distance as possible. This is called the Safe Travel Stamp issued by the WTTC. Luckily our tours are naturally outdoors, socially distanced and in small groups!
A full refund will be issued if
- – The cases in Baja spike to level 4 or 5 and the client feels uncomfortable traveling to the area
- – We cancel a trip due to border restrictions or government shut down of tourism
- – A client falls ill and cannot travel due to restrictions for folks traveling with a fever or cough
- – We cannot meet our minimum numbers required to run the trip
A full credit will be issued if:
- – The client decides not to come for some other reason even though virus case load in the La Paz area is at level 3 or lower
**No credit or refund once the trip has begun**
COVID protocols for our guests:
- – We recommend self-isolating for two weeks prior to your trip if you have not been vaccinated. Be safe and overly cautious so you can enjoy your trip!
- – Masks will be required around our hotel and many other places in La Paz. Please bring several face coverings and always have one on hand for use in public areas.
- – Each client, guide and crew member will be screened for their temperature each day. If any person’s temperature reads above normal they need to evacuate camp OR isolate until evacuation is possible. This is a government mandate and not at the discretion of our guides.
- – We are typically not allowed to do buffet style food service at camps. All meals will be served to guests on plates. Please be vocal about your preferences and amounts and we will serve you seconds, or thirds, or omit certain items, etc.
- – No client is allowed to enter the kitchen tent.
- – As usual, each client will need to wash their hands prior to eating.
IMPORTANT: There will be no refund or credit if you have to be evacuated from a trip. Your participation in the trip acknowledges that you understand this policy and are willing to leave the trip if deemed necessary. We will accommodate you in our hotel for no charge for the duration of days that you would have been camping.
Thank you for traveling with us and being flexible in your expectations. We are striving to provide our clients with the same high standards we are known for.